It is with the saddest heart that we must pass on the following news.
The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.
Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin and the grave side was piled high with flours.
Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch.
Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded.
Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very "smart" cookie, wasting his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, as a crusty old man, he was still considered a roll model for millions.
Doughboy is survived by his wife, Play Dough; two children, John Dough and Jane Dough; plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly Dad, Pop Tart.
The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes...
- 1 can of sweet cream corn (14 ¾ oz)
- 1 cup whole corn
- 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz)
- 1 stick of butter
- spray Oil
- Grease a deep glass baking dish with spray oil.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan on stove
- Mix by hand all other ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add in melted butter and stir.
- Pour into baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven when sides of corn pudding start to get crusty.
- 1 can of 21 oz apple pie filling
- a few spinkles of cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- spray oil
- ¾ cup Quick Cooking Oats
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- Grease a glass baking dish with spray oil such as a glass pie pan. Added apple pie filling. Pour vanilla extract on top and then sprinkle on some cinnamon to your taste.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan on stove, add in brown sugar, flour and oats. Pour over pie filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
TEXAS RANCH CAKE
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp soda
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 4 Tbsp cocoa
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 1 lb. box confectioner sugar
- 1 cup pecan nuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place butter, water and cocoa in pan and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar, flower, salt, soda, sour cream and vanilla.
- Add eggs to mixture.
- Mix well.
- Place in 1 inch deep 9 by 13 inch sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 min.
- Using same pan in which you mixed the batter add, butter, cocoa and milk.
- Bring to a boil
- Add sugar, pecans and vanilla
- Beat with mixer unitl smothe
- Pour over hot or warm cake
- Allow to cool and serve
CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE
- 4 eggs beaten until thick and frothy
- 1 box Duncan Hines Devil's Food cake
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding (or vanilla)
- 1 pkg chocolate chips (or about 1 cup to your liking)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup cold water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
You can ice or serve plain with whipped cream.
- Combine dry cake and pudding mixes.
- Add beaten eggs, water and oil.
- Beat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and chips.
- Put in greased/floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
CREAM PUFF RING WITH ALMOND CREAM FILLING AND CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
Almond Cream Filling
- 1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp corn syrup
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat water, butter or margarine, and salt until butter melts and mixture boils. Remove saucepan from heat.
- With wooden spoon, vigorously stir in flour all at once until mixture forms a ball and leaves sides of saucepan. Add eggs to flour mixture, one at a time, beating after each addition, until mixture is smooth and satiny. Cool mixture slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease and flour large cookie sheet. Using 7-inch plate as guide, trace a circle in flour on cookie sheet.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons into ten mounds, inside circle to form ring. Bake ring 40 minutes or until golden. Turn off oven; let ring remain in oven 15 minutes. Remove ring from oven; cool on wire rack.
- When ring is cool, with long serrated knife, slice horizontally in half. Prepare Almond-Cream Filling; spoon into bottom of ring. Replace top of ring. Refrigerate. Prepare Chocolate Glaze. Spoon Glaze over top of ring.
- Prepare one 3-1/2 to 3-3/4 ounce package vanilla-flavor instant pudding and pie filling as label directs but use only 1-1/4 cups milk.
- Fold in one cup heavy or whipping cream, whipped, and 1 teaspoon almond extract.
- In double boiler over hot, NOT BOILING, water (or in heavy 1-quart saucepan over low heat),
- heat 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces with 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, 1-1/2 teaspoons milk, and 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup, stirring occasionally until smooth,.